NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The MadeGood “Back to School with MadeGood” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open from August 24, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) to September 27, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Riverside Natural Foods Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes and the awarding of the prize(s), including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter the Sweepstakes. Proof of sending an online entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
During the Entry Period, go to www.backtoschoolmadegood.com (“Sweepstakes Website”) and submit the entry form in full with your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address. All fields on the entry form are mandatory unless marked as optional.
If you are a resident of Canada, you will also be asked to complete the math skill-testing question on the entry form, and confirm your acceptance of the Official Rules. Only entrants who correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, agree to the Official Rules and submit a completed Sweepstakes entry form will be entered into the draw.
Limit (“Entry Limit”): Limit of one (1) entry per person. Entries from the same person that exceed the Entry Limit will be disqualified. Online entrants must have a valid email address.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Important Notice: You may be charged for visiting the Sweepstakes website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your mobile or internet carrier. Please consult your service provider regarding your pricing plan. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your mobile service provider with any questions regarding your bill.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Florida), District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
Excluded from eligibility are the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor involved in the Sweepstakes administration and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
4. PRIZES: There are a total of one-thousand and three (1,003) prizes available to be won (individually “Prize” and collectively “Prizes”):
· One (1) $US 8,000 (eight-thousand US dollars) or one (1) $CDN 8,000 (eight-thousand Canadian dollars) gift card or check/cheque for use by winner towards purchase of home office equipment and supplies or for any other use as winner sees fit. The form of awarding the Prize (i.e. check/cheque or gift card) will be in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Selected winner will not be able to choose.
· Two (2) $US 1,000 (one-thousand US dollars) or one (1) $CDN 1,000 (one-thousand Canadian dollars) gift card or check/cheque for use by winner towards purchase of home office equipment and supplies or for any other use as winner sees fit. The form of awarding the Prize (i.e. check/cheque or gift card) will be in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Selected winner will not be able to choose.
· One-thousand (1,000) store vouchers redeemable for a MadeGood pack. Maximum value of $US 9.99 (nine-dollars-and-ninety-nine cents US dollars) or $CDN 9.99 (nine-dollars-and-ninety-nine cents Canadian dollars).
Each prize will be awarded in the currency of the winner’s jurisdiction of residence stated on the winner’s Sweepstakes entry form.
Please allow a minimum of two (2) months from date of you being declared an Official Winner (as defined below) for prize delivery. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
Approximate value is an approximation and may differ; Sponsor will not be responsible for any difference between stated and actual value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other costs, taxes or expenses associated with the prizes not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winners. Sponsor will not award any prizes which are unclaimed at the end of the Entry Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS: Sponsor will hold a draw on October 5, 2020 in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada for the purpose of randomly selecting winners for all Prizes. Attribution of Prizes and form of awarding each Prize to selected entrants will be in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
Selected entrants will be notified within one (1) month of the last day of the Entry Period (on or around October 27, 2020) via e-mail, and/or at Sponsor’s discretion, via the phone number provided on the Sweepstakes entry form.
In order to be declared an official winner (“Official Winner”), selected entrant must: (i) if a resident of Canada, have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question on the Sweepstakes entry form without assistance of any kind; (ii) if requested, sign and return to Sponsor a written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor and Promotion Entities from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse, awarding or possession of any prize (the “Release”); and, (iii) otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
In the event the selected entrant doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification attempt within five (5) business days of first attempt, fails to provide a Release (if requested) within the deadline indicated on the Release, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question or does not accept the prize within seven (7) business days of notification or other non-compliance with the Official Rules, the prize will be deemed forfeited and Sponsor will randomly select an alternate entrant as a potential winner from the remaining entries, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
6. RIGHT TO VOID/SUSPEND/MODIFY: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, pandemics, government sanctioned lockdowns, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Website, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE PROMOTION ENTITIES AND SPONSOR HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR THE MERCHANDISE FOR WHICH IT IS REDEEMED (IF APPLICABLE). FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Promotion Entities, Sponsor and any of Sponsor's other suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, online systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any messages to be received by Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (h) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
By accepting a Prize, each Official Winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, city/state/province/territory of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases Sponsor and the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with selected entrant(s). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that Sponsor and Promotion Entities have not made, with respect to each of their own products/services provided as a prize or part thereof (if applicable), any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action in the United States arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action in Canada arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by provincial or federal courts situated in Toronto, Canada, (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (5) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto in the United States. Ontario law, without reference to Ontario’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto in Canada.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Riverside Natural Foods Ltd, 2720 Steeles Ave W Building 4, Concord, ON L4K 4N5, Canada.
12. LIST OF WINNER(S): For the name(s) of the Winner(s), send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Back to School with MadeGood” Sweepstakes, c/o BMCG, 70 East Beaver Creek Road, Suite 30, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 7Y4, CANADA. Vermont residents are exempt from stamped envelope requirement.